Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Anything Goes - Weeks #356 - #357

Welcome back to Word Art Wednesday, everyone.  It's such a treat to have you here to join us for another fabulous challenge, and we appreciate your participation so much.  We have two FABULOUS sponsors for this challenge and some Guest Designers from these companies, as well as our own October Guest Designer.  If you happen to use product on any of your entries during this challenge that come from either of our sponsors, please leave a comment on this post to let me know.  In addition to our two fabulous prizes from our sponsors, I will pick one more winner from all those entries using sponsor product.  That lucky person will receive a special prize package from me....and I've got some really fabulous goodies to give away.   So, let's get started!

The scripture for this piece of word art is Galatians 6:2 which says, "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ".  What was the law of Christ?  Well, let's remember that God said...."a new commandment I give to you, that you LOVE one another".  Rather than try to explain this verse in some deep theological manner, I'd simply like to share something with you that I experienced earlier this month which (in my opinion) sort of sums up the meaning of this verse.  One of the greatest blessings we have in the Christian life is the sweet fellowship of other believers, and our ability to intercede for one another in prayer.  I had a really crummy week physically in early October.  That often tends to get us down in the dumps, right?  Well, such was the case with me.  My husband has been out of town and I've been going through a lot physically.  So, while I was lying on the couch feeling crummy; I got an email from my blog friend, Gail, sharing a prayer request with me.  A friend of hers was requesting prayers for her husband who was dying (and has now gone on to be with the Lord).  In addition, I got a separate text from another friend saying that her back went out on her, and that she was also in great pain.  Being in quite a bit of pain myself, I could have understandably ignored these messages until I was feeling better.  But like I said, there is such great joy in bearing one another's burdens. I immediately started praying for this woman's husband, and also for her to have the strength and comfort she needs to get through this.  Suddenly, I became so overwhelmed with a feeling of gratefulness knowing that MY husband was on his way home to me.  This poor woman doesn't have that same hope.  And as I began to pray for my friend suffering with back pain, I was able to stop focussing on my own health issues and just spend quality time talking with the Lord.  It's a wonderful distraction from our pain, our stress, burdens, worries, and problems when we place focus on the needs of others and make a conscious effort to count our blessings rather than think about our woes.  God is SO GOOD; and I know that He will always take care of me.  But it was such a blessing to be able to take my mind off my own troubles and pray for the needs of others.  In turn, I knew that my friends were also praying for me.  I really encourage you to "bear one another's burdens".   When we take the time to genuinely care about the needs of others and lift them up to the Lord in prayer, we honor God and we bless others (and ourselves) in the process.  Be that person who will truly "bear one another's burdens".  I guarantee you that you will find great joy in doing so.

As always, you are welcome to save the free scripture/word art file to your computer, but are never required to use it in order to play along in our challenges.   We welcome you share your all your art with us; remembering that Anything Goes as long as it's family-friendly, and uses an encouraging or uplifting sentiment. This includes any type of altered or digital art (not just limited to cards).  You may link up to five (5) projects each week, for a total of ten (10) entries per two-week challenge. The more you enter, the more you increase your odds of winning.  It is our desire that God's Word will be a blessing and encouragement to you as we share it. If you have any questions about the rules, be sure to read the complete list of rules under our page tab for "Challenge Rules".  Because our ultimate goal is to honor God, we have no other choice but to delete any entries that do not adhere to our guidelines.  Please know that this doesn't mean we are judging anyone.  We're simply attempting to honor God and follow His rules.  Let us know if you have any questions, and thanks for your understanding and participation!
Here is this week's word art.  We hope
that it will be a blessing to you.

Check out our AWESOME sponsors for this challenge:
Our friends at Honey Bee Stamps are
graciously offering one VERY lucky
person a $25 Gift Certificate to their
ADORABLE shop filled with the
sweetest stamps, Honey Cuts (metal dies),
Embellishments, and SO much more.
Be sure to stop by Honey Bee Stamps
to look around.  And....some of their
talented DT Members have shared samples
with us today to showcase their lovely
products.  I do hope you'll stop by!

AND
 
Our digital sponsor for this challenge is
the AMAZING Graciellie Design.  If you're
not familiar with this sweet shop, please stop
by their lovely Etsy Shop to look around.
The creative possibilities are endless with
these sweet images.  One lucky person
will win a $10 Gift Certificate to spend
on their choice of products from the lovely

AND NOW......Two More Lucky Winners:
Our friends over at The Project Bin
offered one lucky participant a
$15 Gift Certificate so that they can
select their choice of stamps in this
sweet little shop.  Be sure to stop by
The Project Bin to look around! The
lucky winner of this fabulous prize is

AND
Our digital sponsor for the last challenge
was the ADORABLE and much-loved
Bugaboo Stamps.  One lucky person now
gets to select four (4) new images of
their choice from this sweet digi shop.

And Our Top 3 Honors Go To:
Entry #136 - Karen's Craft Creations
Entry #154 - Karolina of Cards From Heaven
Entry #193 - Nicole of Stempelfrida

Please email Karen if you'd like a
Top 3 Badge for your blog.  All winners
must also email Karen per the Rules Page.

May God bless all our AWESOME sponsors.
We appreciate them all SO very much!
AND NOW.....Here's a bit of inspiration to get you started:

Bushel & A Peck Stamp Set and coordinating
Carol Hintermeier from Honey Bee Stamps Using
Country Blooms Stamp Set, With Sympathy and
Honey Bee Sequin Mix

Our October Guest Designer, Martha Lucia Gomez
And Our AMAZING Design Team Members:
Using a sweet Graciellie Design Stamp Set
called Stay Cozy - Isn't this adorable?
JoAnn Atterbury using the gorgeous Daffodil
from a Graciellie Design Stamp Set
Tamara Dixon

14 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great verse and thought Karen.. that verse is so apt for every moment of every single of our days. .. may we make it all countfor Him.
Hugs Shaz.x

Kampin' Karen said...

Karen, your "story" is so true. My devotional by Sarah Young yesterday said that the pain or situation we dwell on becomes an idol. You obviously refocused and I am in a place where I need to get my eyes back on Jesus and not my dying husband and ailing son. I thank God for the intercessors in my life or I would be sitting on the ash pile. Thank you for your uplifting post this morning.

Gail said...

Lovely DT work - thank you for the challenge and happy dance to the winners - God is Good blessings

Maia said...

As always great DT projects!
Greetings
Maia

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work DT

Karenladd said...

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for another inspiring challenge. I have some Honey Bee Designs stamps so will need to pull them out and create something!

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the inspirations and fabulous Scripture Word Art!

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Très belle inspiration de la DT.
Merci pour ce beau défi.
Bises.
MaryannG

Very nice inspiration from the DT.
Thank you for this beautiful challenge.
Hugs.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

I’m grateful to the LORD for this challenge, may He continue to bless it and use it for His glory, when other number of other challenges are depleti so that that His wonderful word and message might be lifted up, bless you, dear sisters for your work and dedication!
God is very very good to us, Shaz in Oz.xx

Karenladd said...

I just uploaded a card that uses Honey Bee stamps, and indicated it in my link, hope that works!

Greta said...

My Halloween card doesn't have witches or skulls, but feel free to delete it if it doesn't meet your rules.

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

thank you so much for the winner

stempelfrida said...

Oh, oh, oh, I saw that my card was elected to receive Top 3 honors! WOW!!!! This is absolutely honorous for me! Thank you so much for it. I love your challenges. Congratulations to all the winners and honorable features. God bless you all! Thank you for hosting this challenge and the wonderful inspirations for us.
Kind regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Unknown said...

I I a, learning so much. Thank you for sharing. bestreviewsation