Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Anything Goes - Weeks #348- #349

Welcome by, everyone!  It's time for another FUN new challenge here at Word Art Wednesday; and as always, it's even better when YOU choose to join us.  We are so glad you're here, and we're blessed beyond words to have you share your talents with us.  We love seeing what you make and visiting your blog, and we wish everyone the very best of luck in the random draw for the AWESOME prizes our fabulous sponsors provide.  Check out the two AMAZING sponsors we have for this new challenge.

Our word art for this challenge was created using Philippians 2:4 which says, "Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others".  When I read this verse, I had to ask myself what God was trying to teach me through this verse.  It's a good idea to ask the Lord to show you how a verse like this can speak directly to your situation, and to ask Him to help you apply it to your life in a way that will bless others and ultimately bring glory to Him (which should always be our ultimate goal).   So, I read it again.  What it's saying to me, personally, is that I need to give God PRAISE for the blessings in my life.....AND I also need to remain ever mindful that there are people all around me who don't have the same blessings in their lives that I have.  Now, I could sit around and whine about what I DON'T have.  But, it's far more effective (and a whole lot more fun) to think, instead, about all the ways God has blessed my life.   Then, as I give Him praise for my blessings, I ask Him to make ME more grateful for all I have and to BLESS those who have less than I have and bless those who are experiencing a void in their life because they're missing something I might have (a relationship, children, monetary blessings, or whatever).  When I take the focus off myself and place it on others, it helps me realize how very blessed I am.  Sure, we can complain about things - but we shouldn't.  If we counted our blessings more often, and prayed for the needs of others before asking for things for ourselves; we would quickly realize how very blessed we are.   God provides for His children....that's a promise.  So, since we KNOW that He will provide for us and meet our needs, why not ask Him to bless others who need Him?  God can do great things through us - so take that step and be a blessing to someone else by praying for them and putting their needs above our own.  Watch for the blessings! 

As always, you are welcome to save the free scripture/word art file to your computer, but are never required to use it in order to play along in our challenges.   We welcome you share your all your art with us; remembering that Anything Goes as long as it's family-friendly, and uses an encouraging or uplifting sentiment. This includes any type of altered or digital art (not just limited to cards).  You may link up to five (5) projects each week, for a total of ten (10) entries per two-week challenge. The more you enter, the more you increase your odds of winning.  It is our desire that God's Word will be a blessing and encouragement to you as we share it. If you have any questions about the rules, be sure to read the complete list of rules under our page tab for "Challenge Rules".  Because our ultimate goal is to honor God, we have no other choice but to delete any entries that do not adhere to our guidelines.  Please know that this doesn't mean we are judging anyone.  We're simply attempting to honor God and follow His rules.  Let us know if you have any questions, and thanks for your understanding and participation!
Here is this week's word art.  We hope
that it will be a blessing to you.

Check out our AWESOME sponsors for this challenge: 
Our friends over at Pink & Main Clear Stamps
are offering one very lucky person a
generous $20 Gift Certificate to their
AMAZING store filled with clear acrylic
stamps and so much more!  Click here to
check out everything at Pink & Main.

AND
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is our SUPER SWEET
digital sponsor for this challenge.  You can
visit their sweet Digital Stamp Shop to see all
they carry.  Such adorable images, and endless
creative possibilities at Sweet 'n Sassy.

AND NOW......TWO More Lucky Winners:
Our friends at Neat & Tangled offered
one very lucky person a generous
$25 Gift Certificate to spend at
their AMAZING store - and it's filled with
high-quality stamps, dies, and MUCH more.
Be sure to stop by Neat & Tangled🌺to see
all their wonderful products, and check out
their sweet Blog to get lots of great inspiration.
That lucky winner is.......
Entry #120 - Tonya

AND
The Cutting Cafe is our digital sponsor
for this challenge.  This darling shop
has SVG files, digital stamps, personalized
ribbon and SO much more.  Be sure to stop
by and check out The Cutting Cafe.  One
lucky person has won their choice of any
three sets from their digital site. It's
Lucky Entry #1 - Majda

And Our Top 3 Honors Go To:
Entry #23 - Katie Tate
Entry #47 - Lisa Walsh
Entry #198 - DeAnne

Please email Karen if you'd like a
Top 3 Badge for your blog.  All winners
must also email Karen per the Rules Page.

May God bless all our AWESOME sponsors.
We appreciate them all SO very much!
AND NOW.....Here's a bit of inspiration to get you started:



9 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a beautiful scripture and devotional! I will be meditating on this today, thank you! The team's cards are gorgeous! I don't comment much but every now and then I like to say thank you for your inspirational challenges and positive message - I enjoy playing here each week - you are appreciated!

Fikreta said...

Team made wonderful projects!

Majda said...

Hi :-)
I'm so happy because I was chosen as a lucky winner :-)
You made my day so speciale :-)
Hugs, Majda

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Très belle inspiration de la DT.
Merci pour ce beau défi.
Bises.
MaryannG

Very nice inspiration from the DT.
Thank you for this beautiful challenge.
Hugs.
MaryannG

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for choosing my design as one of the Top 3 Honprs & congrats to all the other winners too. Thanks again.

XO Lisa @ Papercraft Business

Janis said...

Congratulations to the winners and top picks!
Thank you for another lovely scripture and devotional...and for your wonderful challenge.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the fun challenge and DT inspiration!

Deanne Saunders said...

Congratulations everyone!!! Beautiful projects! Thanks so much for choosing my card as a Top 3 Honor! Greatly appreciate it! I have my badge proudly displayed on my blog!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

SHartl said...

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for another great challenge and inspiring cards by the design team.