Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New Design Team Member, Stephanie Wright

We are SO blessed!  We say it all the time, but it's REALLY TRUE.  God has given us SO MUCH, and He continues to pour out His blessings on us with so many wonderful sponsors, talented Guest Designers, many artists (like YOU) who play along in our challenges each week, and a committed Design Team of crafters with a heart for serving our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  We are full of praise to God as we announce our newest Full-Time Design Team Member, Stephanie Wright of Steph's Scrap Happenings.  Here is a little bit about Stephanie that she has chosen to share with us.  We hope that you will stop by her blog to welcome her to the team.

Hi, my name is Stephanie Wright.  I've been saved by God's amazing grace and desire to live a life that pleases Him.  I was raised in a Baptist pastor's home.  I was taught God's Word, and to love and serve Him all my life.  I wasn't just told what I needed to do; my parents lived that kind of life before me, and taught me by example.  At the age of 4, I realized that even though I was just a little girl, that I was a sinner and needed a Saviour.  I knew that I could never be "good enough" or get to Heaven on my own, so I asked Jesus to come into my heart and was saved by God's amazing grace.  My sins were washed away by Christ's sacrifice for me on the cross. 

I met my "Mr. Wright"..grin...while in college, and we were married in late December 1984.  My husband and I have been in full-time ministry our entire marriage.  We moved to Kentucky in July 2012 so that my husband could take a new pastorate and teach in a Christian college.  The Lord blessed us with two children, Ian and Kendra, and I had the privilege of homeschooling them.  Our son and his wife live in Virginia and are the parents of our precious Grandson.  Our daughter is a newlywed living in South Carolina while attending grad school at a Christian College.

While I have enjoyed many different crafts all my life, I started scrapbooking in 2004.  By 2008, I found my focus turning to making cards and other paper crafts.  To me, card-making is more than just a hobby; I see it as a ministry tool as well.  That's one of the reasons I enjoy using Scripture on my cards.  I'm usually supervised while crafting by at least one of our three cats.

According to my records, I first started participating in Word Art Wednesday challenges in January of 2012 in Challenge #10.  I have been privileged to be a Guest Designer for the blog twice and am now so honored to have been asked to be part of the Design Team.  I am excited to be allowed to share with you on a regular basis and want the Lord to be glorified in all my work.

3 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Welcome to the team WAW, Stephanie! I am so blessed with the testimony you shared with us and love to see what the Lord is in store for you and the rest of the gang here. If there's anything we can help you with, let us know. Have a blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

Welcome, Stephanie! We are filled with praise and joy to have you join us, and we look forward to seeing all that God will do through your art. I pray that you see MANY blessing in and through your involvement on this Design Team because we serve SUCH AN AWESOME GOD!
Welcome,
Karen

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, ladies. I am so excited and honored to be part of the team.